RJ Power Networks have secured the electrical infrastructure works for the Silvertown Tunnel, a new 1.4km twin-bore road tunnel under the Thames – and the first in London for over 30 years – managed by TFL. Opening in 2025, it aims to improve transport links from the Greenwich Peninsula in the South to Silvertown in the East. The tunnel will also improve traffic congestion and air quality within the area and enhance transport links with reliability and resilience.
RJ Power will be delivering:
- Full HV and LV distribution network
- Full protection and grading and fault level design
- Earthing design
- Full project management
- Senior Authorised Person duties – implementing a robust Safety Program and management of the HV and LV scheme under our distribution safety rules
- O&M (Operational Control and Maintenance) during lifecycle under a framework agreement
- Chapter 8 Compliance – RJ Power work within Highways England roads and tunnel infrastructure and offer services within this hazardous environment
This is a huge milestone in the growth of RJ Power and one of many projects awarded this quarter totalling circa £3M in value.
We would like to thank our supply chain partners who supported our business through the tender stage.
Further project updates to follow